Blogger Backgrounds

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

"Goodbye Mr. Fish"

Cliff and Claire Huxtable, as TV parents come, they are by far the best. I have always said any life lesson I need, I can find in an episode of The Cosby Show. (I could go in to much more detail about how much I love the Huxtable family, but then you may just think I am strange.)
Anyway in Season 1 episode 1, "Goodbye, Mr. Fish," Rudy's beloved fish, Lamont, passes away. Cliff decides that they will have a funeral in the bathroom for Lamont. The entire family dresses up, Cliff conducts a small service and Lamont is well... flushed.
So as I sit her are my breakfast bar staring at Cannon's red beta fish, Spidey, float on his side, I wonder what I should do. 1) Follow the lead of the great Cliff and Claire and conduct a commode side service later today? 2) Be totally dishonest with my 6 year old and go buy a new red fish while he is at school?
Let me give you the back story on Spidey life and untimely passing.....
Spidey was a birthday gift from our dear friend, Andrea. The Saturday after Cannon's birthday, Andrea stopped by. Excitedly she brings in this glass bowl with a red fish, " Cannon HAppy Birthday!" I looked at her and she responded, " What beta fish are impossible to kill." (You must understand that there is a Bostick rule of thumb-if it is going to happen it will to us.) Anyway, Cannon feel in love with Spidey and spent the first couple hours in his room "playing" with Spidey. Spidey was given tokens for good fish behavior. After awhile the new wore off, but he did love Spidey.
So what caused this untimely passing? To be honest, there were a lot of ways I thought this would happen. 1) Cannon would over feed Spidey. 2) Beau, the 4 year old, would get Spidey out to play with him 3) the boys would wrestle and knock over the bowl and little sister, Mackenzie would get the fish. ( Please note, all those were child error.) But how did it really happen?
Spidey may have been cute, but quite frankly he stunk. His bowl just stunk up Cannon's room, even with proper cleanings. Cannon had an awful cough, so I thought maybe the smell was triggering his asthma. So I decided to" properly "clean the bowl. I put Spidey in a new bowl and cleaned his old bowl and rocks with soap and water. Looking back, maybe not the best cleaning method. Or it could have been the lack of chlorine or excess chlorine in the water, maybe the water was too cold or too hot. However it happened - it was momma's fault.
Looks like I need to pick Chris's suit up from the cleaners........

No comments:

Post a Comment